For the Lobster Stock
4 Lobster Ails Shells, flesh removed
1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Carrot, Roughly chopped
½ Head Of Garlic
1 Red Onion, Quartered
2 Bay Leaf
¼ tsp Curry Powder, optional
1 Tomato, Quartered
1 Tbs Tomato Paste
6 Cups Water/Fish Stock
1 tsp Salt
For the Risotto
1 Cup Risotto Rice
4 Cups Stock
1 Gold Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
3 Tbs Butter
Salt And Pepper To Taste
2 Tbs Parsley, Chopped finely
¼ Cup Parmasan Cheese, Optional
4 Lobster Tails, cut into chunks
For the Stock:
1. Remove all shells and keep the flesh for later.
2. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and tomatoes. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add lobster shells. Cook, crushing shells with a heavy wooden spoon, for 5 minutes, then add tomato paste, 5 cups water, peppercorn, and bay leafs. Bring stock to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 1 hour.
4. Pour the broth through a fine strainer, pressing to extract all liquid from the solids.
For the risotto:
1. In a heavy, medium-sized pot, heat the 3 tbs butter over medium-high heat and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes. Do not let them color.
2. Add the garlic, rice and saffron and stir well for about a minute until well coated and beginning to color.
3. Turn the heat to medium-low and start adding the lobster stock a label at a time, stirring all the while. This should take 20 minutes.
4. When the rice is almost cooked, add the lobster meat and stir it in. Cover for a couple of minutes until cooked through. It will be done when the rice is cooked but still holds its shape and texture. At this point, adjust for seasoning, adding some more salt and pepper to your taste. Add in the parsley and stir it in, then remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the 1 tbs butter.