30 g Wheat Starch
20 g Tapioca Flour
20 g Corn Flour
½ tsp Sugar
Pinch Of Salt
¼ Cup Water, Boiling
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
80 g Minced chicken breast
30 g Diced fresh shitake mushrooms
1 tsp Minced garlic
17 g Diced asparagus
20 g Minced water chestnut
20 g Diced carrot
8 g Sliced spring onion
7 g Minced red chilli
7 g Chopped coriander
1 tsp Vegetable oil
3 tbsp Water
1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
1 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp g Salt
1 tsp Sugar
Pinch of White pepper
2 tbs Potato starch with 2 tbs cold water
For the dough:
- Put all the dry ingredients into a small plastic bowl.
- Add the boiling water & mix rapidly with a spoon for 15-20 seconds, then cover for 2 minutes to ‘cook’ the flour,
- Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and knead to form soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Flatten each dough and roll into 3 inch circles, add filling, fold and pleat.
- Steam for 8 minutes over high heat.
For the filling:
1. Prepare chicken, cut all the vegetables on the side.
2. Blanch asparagus, carrot and water chestnut in boiling water for 2 minutes. Dice finely.
3. Add vegetable oil into wok, heat oil up then add minced garlic, keep stirring
4. On high heat, add chicken, mushrooms, water chestnut into wok, keep stirring avoid ingredient sticking to the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes
5. Add all dried and wet seasonings together, on medium to low heat, stir well, cook for a further 4-5 minutes
6. Mix potato starch and water together, ensure potato starch and water is not splitting. On very low heat, add potato starch mixture into mix and stir very quickly and thoroughly to avoid lump forming, stir again on medium to high heat for 1-2 minutes
7. Decant filling in a flat container and cool down for use later
8. Once the cooked filling is cooled down, mix in blanched asparagus, carrot and water chestnut, then stir in the fresh spring onion, red chili and coriander thoroughly.
9. Keep it in chiller, ready to use to fill in dumplings.